Monday, September 22, 2014

Day Two & Three

So day two was a bit rough.

Mom was still here, so we got up & met Jade at Cora's for breakfast, as is our tradition. It was delish as usual! Afterwards, we headed home to relax a bit before I was going to drive Mom to the airport. My head started to hurt on & off, so I pretty much laid around. Finally, I got Zach to drive her because my head got bad again, and I went to sleep for a few hours. Then I got up, read, watched some TV and did not much of anything until bedtime.

Day three is slightly better - mild headaches on & off. I slept too late - oops. But when I woke up, I did a ten minute "Energy Booster" meditation, then I made a garlic, onion, red pepper & parmesan omelette, then went for a run. Only 2.3KM, and it was slow going, but better than nothing. I need to map out a course in my neighbourhood that doesn't have so much uphill terrain. It's super hard on the shins running uphill!

When I got home, I took a shower, put in some laundry, then sat down & studied for 1.5 hours. Got through the first chapter, which isn't too bad.


I made a smoothie halfway through - fat free greek vanilla yogurt, spinach, black cherries, and skim milk. Now I'm going to finish some laundry, make dinner ("melts" with white bean hummus, tomato and cheese), and then make this Vegetable Chickpea Ragout for lunch tomorrow & the rest of the week. 

I found a great playlist - Acoustic Versions of Pop Songs - on Songza that was great for studying. I went from my usual tunes (too distracting) to instrumental (not distracting enough), before I found this happy medium. It had some really great songs - I think it will be my study go-to.

Tomorrow has some work with my friend Scott & a Blue Jays game on tap, so I'll update on how it all goes! 

No comments:

Post a Comment