Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Countdown to 65... and some Meditation

Hey everyone - I've gotten a GREAT response to this blog so far! It's only two more full work days before my 65 days begins.

My mom will be in town for the first weekend, so that will be more fun than productive, but that's okay - it's all a part of the grand plan! Also, I am going to like 8000 baseball games the first week (not even on purpose, it just worked out that way).

Anyways, in the meantime, I've been doing some preliminary research. The other night, I did my first meditation and holy crap! It's so crazy that sitting quietly for 10 minutes and focusing on breathing can pretty much change your life. I did it before bed, and I slept amazingly!

Ever since, I've set my alarm an extra 10 minutes early to get up & meditate before work. Which resulted in me pressing snooze an extra time and not meditating at all. So I may not be a morning meditate-er. I will keep trying though. And i'll tack on an evening session for good measure.

I did a guided meditation from the Chopra centre - "Awaken Your Perfect Health".

And I came across this link that I thought was great... How 7 Busy Women Make Time to Meditate

It's hard to fit in a lot of stuff when we're always on the go, but after only doing it once, I can already tell it will make a huge difference in stress levels in my life! Go forth & meditate!

Live well,
Devin


No comments:

Post a Comment